R. T. Patterson Company provides a wide range of material
handling system engineering services for the conveying of many diverse media
- Roofing Granules
- Baghouse Dust
- Aluminum Chips
- Carbon Block
- Cast Iron Scrap
- Glass Cullet
- Hot Metal Slabs and Billets
- Pipe Material Flow
- Bar and Rod Material Flow
Our varied experience in many industries affords us a wealth of creative
solutions to material handling problems.
We furnish the following engineering services to AISC, AISE and CEMA
standards. Additionally, we made use of the STAAD, COSMOS, and FEA software
tools in the designs.
- Prepared process flow diagrams outlining flow paths, capacities, equipment,
screening classifications, storage capacities, monitoring instrumentation,
conveyor speeds, etc.
- Assisted with equipment selection for rotary kilns, dryers, mixers, coolers,
belt conveyors, bucket elevators, screeners, crushers, surge bins, silos,
magnetic separators, instrumentation, rotary locks, articulating belt conveyors,
railcar loaders, screw conveyors, vibrating feeders, etc.
- Prepared conveyor arrangements including tripping conveyors
- Designed conveyor structures including channel frame and deep truss
- Designed conveyor supports to to 100 feet tall in seismic III zone
- Designed chutework AR and ceramic lined
- Designed rotating distributors
- Designed railcar and truck loading facilities
- Designed associated dust collection and handling systems (baghouses and
- Designed dense phase/lean phase flow systems
- Designed fluidized bed systems